Tuesday, September 17, 2013

9/13/13 Panther Gorge

We met Christina when we arrived at the shelter yesterday she came by for breakfast this morning , she took our picture , and we left in the drizzling rain!
We headed towards mt Marcy to Lake Tear... our destination Panther Gorge for the night.
We were at high elevation when we reached Lake Tear. It was cold and we were in the clouds with a light drizzle!
We stopped here for a quick lunch and continued on...again...the boulder choked trails!
 Susie had gone ahead of me, as usual, to make sure we could get the shelter for the night!






At the end of the trail there was a nice river to cross with a big boulder in the middle and then I was home for the night!
My feet had been wet since I crossed the river yesterday and most of the trails here are on small brooks so wet they remained!


I kept thinking of Noah and how water saved him and his family...here I was sloshing around in it!

1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also-not the removal of Dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.





No comments:

Post a Comment