Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lares Inca Trail continues to Machu Picchu !

We had a short walk out the next day and I seem to be doing fine!
Yohn Took us to a  cheche bar and showed us the process of making their corn liquor!
He showed us many things about the countryside like this little worm that grows on the cactus that they use to make paint! 
We also ate the cactus fruit!
After this we went to the hotel in the little town that we were in and went out to dinner! 
Somewhere in the middle the night again I became sick! The stomach ailment didn't seem so bad the first part of the day and I continued as normal!
Today was Machu Picchu !
We had to take a train into the town and then a bus up to the site.
We hiked all the way up to the Sungate which was quite a distance up!
Then back down to meet our guide to take us through the ruins! 
By this time I am not feeling well at all!
The whole Machu Picchu  guide trip I was miserable! The whole bus ride back and the train ride back I felt  like I was dying!
When I returned to the hotel I took my Cipro which I had forgotten and wala! I am almost back to myself!!! 
What a trip!!!!

The sun gate

No comments:

Post a Comment